Established in 1987, the Manchester Institute is a non profit making educational organisation, specialising in the areas of Psychotherapy and Counselling Trainings, Counselling and Therapy Services, Supervision Training, Continuing Professional Development, and Psychotherapy Conferences.
We operate in Manchester (England) though we cover all areas in the UK and many International localities.
Our mission is to provide a centre of excellence in terms of training of Psychotherapists, Counsellors and Supervisors as well as offering a Comprehensive Continuing Professional Development programme.
We promote a rigorous professionalism grounded in concern and humanity, both in skilled practitioner services and professional training.
All our courses are part time and specifically designed to be managed alongside current occupations.
As well as individual, group and couples’ therapy and counselling, we offer:
- 4 year, part time psychotherapy training in Transactional Analysis, using an Integrative approach. This course is taken at weekends, and leads to a National and International accreditation.
- National and International accredited introduction in Transactional Analysis.
- Introduction to supervision
- Certificate in supervision
- Continuing Professional Development Programme
- Psychotherapy Conferences
As well as the above training dimension we offer a comprehensive Therapy and Counselling service to the public.
At the Manchester Institute there are over 14 therapists and counsellors who are experienced and qualified in the areas of facilitating people towards personal growth and problem solving.
Areas such as relationship issues, divorce and separation, anxiety, depression, self esteem, panic attacks, bereavement, sexual abuse, assertiveness and general well being are just some of the areas dealt with within the therapeutic services that the Institute offers.